Thursday, June 11, 2009

A short interlude: Girl gamers


It just feels like yesterday where I was just a kid and playing video games was a guy thing to do. Girls thought it was dumb for the most part, although I did know a few that actually played. Come 2009 and now there are plenty of girls playin games. That's fine and dandy. More people to play with.

Then comes the picture -->.


Girls can play games. Go right ahead. Be happy. Play them games. More power to you. Help me make money by buying stuff I'll (hopefully) make in the future. Just don't use it as an excuse for attention, please? I like the mentality of, "Hey, I'm a girl who games, ain't it cool?", not, "HEY, I'M A GIRL GAMER, LOOK AT ME!!."

Thankfully enough, I don't know anyone like that (Jo? But Jo's a man =D)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Being Sciencites, I would say most of our female population had a higher predisposition towards games than your average Jane. Can't say I really meet such girls very often though, what with G4's hostesses being frauds.